How my drawings make me awake on Mahashivaratri day?

It was 21 February, 2020 Midnight, the day all Hindus go sleepless for a whole night. People pray lord Shiva, do all kind of rituals and mainly go into deep meditations to receive high level of conscious energies. The whole idea is to make everyone wakeful and keep their spine erect.

There is a particular lunar position occurs every month 13th day after a full moon. this is considered as one of the better time for all mediators to sit under moon light and practice wakefulness. 

After a full day of fasting people usually take a little Alpa-ahara (brakfast / light food) in the evening after performing some rituals. But it gets difficult for most of the people to stay awake, as they lose all the physical energy. Then body naturally seeks rest after a breakfast in the evening as everyone gets tiered. 

Ardhanareeshwara - Mahashivaratri drawingAn art that makes me awake for the day!
On this great day, I take some coconut water or ghee in the morning before I go for work. I make sure I speak less, and don't give extra work to my physical body. so naturally I save some energy in my body, so I don't feel hungry so quickly. and keep engage in some activity or keep my-self contemplating on your beloved divine form.

After completing the day, I reach home, freshen up and do some contemplating meditation or changing. then I break my fasting with sweet potato and some fruits. Then I keep engaging my self till the midnight cross.

Here I start my practice. I take my drawing kit, start working on my imagination. the idea is to keep my spine straight contemplate on the form I draw.


This time I started drawing on a Ardha-Nareeshwara form. which is half Shiva and half Parwati and super imposed on a maha-linga (a form less oval shape) with the ornaments and weapons. The Trishula separates face into two parts. On the right side of the art is Shiva, who wears a black cobra as an ornament which actually represents the consciousness and shown the third eye to represents boundless of time, so he sees everything irrespective of time. and the left side of the art is Parwati wears ornaments of gold to represent wealth or material of the world. And the saffron blob represents the position of contemplation to unbound the past life memories.

And the entire picture is super imposed on a formless Oval shape which represents the whole universe is in the Oval shape and which is boundless and limitless. which means the great conscious is eternal and infinite.

On this auspicious day, I try to invoke immense energy of this universe into me by practicing and contemplating through my art work.

See you again with a next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Steps to learn drawing from your surroundings | Objects drawing